Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Real Wastebasket Jumpshot

Countless times I have gotten together with paper industry people and usually when guys (mostly) are involved, the discussions quickly move to sports-jock talk. While I don’t have the clichéd golf clubs in my trunk, I can hold down my end of the conversation if it involves major league baseball. However, more often than not, it devolves into a discussion of collegiate football or basketball…to me it's like listening to Charlie Brown’s teacher.


So anyway, some month’s back, Sports Illustrated contacted me about the piles of mail (p-a-p-e-r) that NCAA teams send to potential recruits who are still in high school. The resulting article was in the August 3rd issue. Most of the article centers on a top high school player from Santa Barbara, California. Keep an eye out for Roberto Nelson at Oregon State over the next few years.


So yours truly got to be in Sports Jock Heaven…Sports Illustrated. Here’s the article and it does involve paper!

4 comments:

Siren Deluxe said...

Gerard
I work as a picture framer and use vast amounts of mat board around art works. I'm trying to find out some information regarding the environmental impact of producing the various qualities of mat boards ie. rag mats, acid free buffered boards vs. boards lined either side with acid free paper but with acidic cores. I'd like to know how its made and how chemical the process is. Any thoughts?

Market Research Engine said...

Market Research Engine provides a range of consulting services that help clients to improve business processes and to select, procure and implement the latest in business information and communications technologies. We also bring business, financial and technology management skills for the strategic development of client businesses. We have worked with start-ups, established companies and turnaround & recovery situations on areas such as business plans, operational strategies, undertaking market analyses and fund raising.
Global Lignin Market Research Report

Anonymous said...

“Benjamin Briel Lee was very professional at all times, keeping me aware of everything that was happening, If I had any questions he was always available to answer. This was my first home purchase, I didn’t know much about the loan process, he made it very easy to understand the things I had questions about. I really enjoyed working with him.”  
He's a loan officer working with a group of investor's who are willing to fund any project or loan you any amount with a very low interest.Contact Benjamin Briel Lee E-Mail: lfdsloans@outlook.com  Whats-App Number: +1-989-394-3740.

IT Support In LA said...

AllSafe IT believes that it Support services should provide a cost effective solution to deliver your IT projects on time, and under budget.